About Daniel Lindberg
Dan brings over 30 years of experience to B2B CFO®, first as a business executive working his way to positions as a CFO and General Manager with global leadership experience in cyclical, capital intensive businesses where it is often difficult to predict and adjust to changing business cycles. He developed experience through appointments to grow or stabilize turbulent businesses in intensely competitive markets. Dan has led businesses at varying life cycle stages, ranging from start-up, acquisition, growth, to business divestiture. He achieved positive results by leveraging experience in the industry, with a reputation for hiring, retaining and developing top talent to extend business growth boundaries and scale up with a cohesive organization.
Dan has unique perspectives in his business life that have helped to shape a mental toughness and leadership depth that enables him to sort out short-term crises and develop plans to move forward with confidence. He has learned that things never stay the same and can change quickly – be prepared for change; expect change. In addition, the importance of finding ways to bring order out of chaos and, finally, to bring value to people and businesses every day.
Dan has led businesses in various industries including:
- Tool & Die
- Commercial vehicle assembly
Some of the business challenges Dan tackled included:
- As CFO for the largest division of a Fortune 500 corporation,
- Turn around a struggling business and reposition assets for sale
- Transform an underperforming business to achieve 15% ROS
- Gain control of financial and business reporting and execute measures to optimize balance sheet resulting in increased cash
- Leverage and use finance, as a strategic business function to grow, not constrict business value
- Conducted M&A business acquisition searches through close and integration
- As the Senior executive for businesses in President or General Manager roles:
- Developed strategies and tactics to create new or turn-around businesses
- launched North American Truck OEM telematics offering
- Operate multiple retail Truck Dealerships
- Greenfield startup of a Joint Venture company in the Electronics Re-manufacturing business. Led to profitability in less than 1 year
Dan earned his Bachelors of Science in Accounting from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and an MBA from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Dan has also sought out opportunities to give back in ways that have lasting meaning and purpose for businesses and individuals. He served for three years as a Trustee in the Illinois Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and leveraged his business perspectives to help change the lives of families and individuals. Dan has served on corporate boards, where he brought experience and leadership to extend growth boundaries and enable early stage companies to scale up with a cohesive organization and business model.
Dan and his wife Mary have lived in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Indiana. They currently reside in the western suburbs of Chicago where they raised four amazing children. Dan enjoys golf, weight training and chasing Walleye’s.
- University of ChicagoBooth School of Business MBA
- University of Illinois UIC-Bachelor of Science in Accounting