About Ken Stevens
Ken is a trusted business partner and financial executive with a proven track record in multiple industries. Ken believes as a financial executive it is important to understand the overall strategy and operations in conjunction with the numbers to ensure resources are allocated to areas that drive results. Ken has been successful for over 24 years by providing innovative financial solutions grounded in simplicity, while clearly communicating results and expectations to all levels of the organization.
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Profit improvement
- Reducing stress related to to cash flow
- Successful Business Exits
- Long range financial planning
- Strategic development supported by realistic business plans
- Extensive manufacturing & costing experience
During his career Ken has held various positions in public accounting, consumer products (hard lines, housewares, and office products), retail/distribution, and proprietary education. Project highlights include profit improvement of 82%, implemented processes that drove 5% overall cost reduction on product costs, and reduced inventory 34% in seven months.
Since joining B2B CFO® Ken has served clients in the manufacturing/distribution, Telecommunications, SAAS, printing, test preparation, and proprietary education industries.
Ken earned his Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting at the University of Iowa. After college he earned his certified Public Accountant and Certified Management Accountant certificates. Ken and his wife Nancy live in the western suburbs of Chicago and have a daughter and son. In addition to supporting his kids activities, Ken enjoys options trading, swimming, college sports, and attempting to make the perfect ribs.
- The University of Iowa
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Business Transition Expert
- Certified Public Accountant (Inactive)
- Certified Management Accountant
Articles by Ken Stevens
- Are Business Owners Aiming at the Correct Target?
- Like Love and Marriage | Strategic and Financial Planning
- 5 Common Financial Challenges for Small Business
- Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid
- Strategic Planning Made Simple
- Want to Grow your Business? Get out of the Way.
- The Exit Strategy Handbook
- For Aging Entrepreneurs, Assistance With Exits?
- Every Company Needs a CFO
- Do you really know your Organization Chart?
- Business Navigation – Setting a Course
- Planning to Reduce Anxiety
- Last Minute Free Webinar
- Plan the Trade, Trade the Plan