About Philip Elworth
I am a strategic advisor to business owners, helping them:
- improve cash flow
- create value and grow profitably
- manage more efficiently
- successfully transition their business
My focus is to increase cash flow and enterprise value
I have worked with over 45 clients, helping them to understand their business problems from a strategic standpoint
- Identify the drains on cash flow and recommend solutions to solve these problems
- Look under the hood of the business and perform an industry benchmark study
- We start with a conversation then move on to a Discover Analysis
Many companies reach a point where they need to:
- dramatically improve cash flow,
- figure out how to grow,
- build the infrastructure to support growth, and
- finance that growth
I believe that the owners of private business are the life blood of our economy. When I was growing up my father had a small service business. He worked really hard to make it a success but in the end after many years of effort sold it for very little. My passion is to work with the owners of private businesses to make sure that others do not go through what my father went through. The expertise is out there, the information is out there. My goal is to connect that information and advise with the people who need it to make our county be great.
My whole career has been built around acquiring the education and knowledge to make this dream a reality. I have worked in Public accounting; business start-ups, family businesses and in over 11 years with B2B CFO® I have worked with businesses as small as $1 million in revenue up to those with $250 million in revenue in everything from manufacturing to transportation; professional services; distribution; construction and real estate to state a few.
I live in the Chicago area with my wife of 39 years, have two grown children and I am active in church activities. I love to golf and reading.
If we work together, I promise that I will always put your interests first, and that in a year or less, we will reduce your stress about cash flow, your business will be running better, and we will be eliminating the barriers to your company’s success.
- Begin with a Discovery Analysis
- Agree on a Strategic GamePlan
- Begin to excel and see results
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to complete a Discovery Analysis?
In nearly every case, we can complete the Discovery Analysis in one day or less
How do we complete a Discovery Analysis – online or in person?
We do the Discovery Analysis work in person, at your location
Who is involved in a Discovery Analysis?
We will typically spend approximately 1-2 hours talking with the business owner, 1 hour in analyzing the financial statements and benchmarking against the industry, and 1-2 hours in talking to the people who do the accounting.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for a Discovery Analysis. This is my investment in building a relationship.
What happens afterward?
After I complete the Discovery Analysis, I will prepare a confidential report of my findings?
Do I have to use your services?
There is no obligation to use my services after the Discovery Analysis.
Will you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
I would be happy to do so. I have a form we can use.
What Happens if We Don’t Move Forward?
If you are not moving forward and growing then you are losing group and shrinking! If you do not grow you will not achieve the value from your business that you may need for retirement.
Ready to explore options to increase your cash flow and company value?
Please return to the top of the page and see “Contact Philip” in the right column. If you are reading this on a mobile device then please scroll down. Thank you
Articles by Philip Elworth
- B2B CFO® Cements Position as Industry Leader with New Patent
- Seek and You Shall Find
- How Important Are Your Goals?
- Is Your World a VUCA World?
- Working Together
- Do You Have Boundaries?
- Execution in Business
- The Secret of Leadership
- Who Do I Really Want On My Team?
- THE FUTURE…?
- Can You See The Future?
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Names B2B CFO® among Nation’s Top 100 Small Businesses
- Growing Your Business
- Has Your Cheese Been Moved?
- Leadership and Management
- Why I Do Exit Planning
- What Any Business Can Learn From the Detroit Bankruptcy
- Marketing 101
- Creating Value In Your Business-An Overview
- The Excel Experience™
- What do I do?
- What Is The Game Plan?
- Creating Value for Your Business Part 2
- Creating Value for Your Business
- Can Your Business Really Be Sold?
- What to Stop and What to Start
- How the New Taxes Affect You
- What Motivates Your Employees?
- What Motivates Your Employees?
- B2B CFO® Teams up with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Think Your Way to Success
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure In Chicago
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#4
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#3
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#2
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#1
- Every Church Needs a CFO
- So You Want To Sell Your Business