About Philip Elworth
Phil brings his skills in strategy development and execution to any business situation. His vast financial and operating experience, combined with strong leadership, positions him to quickly assess the needs of a business, develop a plan and prepare for implementation. He is comfortable dealing with all levels of any organization to accomplish the mission.
During his career, Phil has obtained substantial experience in real estate, construction and service industries. His competencies include strategy development and analysis, purchase and disposition of assets, planning strategy implementation along with the execution of strategy. Financial strengths include budgeting, forecasting, multi-year financial modeling, financial reporting, cash flow projections and working capital acquisition. He has developed leadership teams, mentored and developed employees, performed system design and implementation, improved communication and overall human resources.
After obtaining an accounting degree from Western Illinois University, Phil began his career in banking, moved on to public accounting after obtaining his CPA certification in Illinois and obtained his MBA from DePaul University while working as an Operations and Accounting Manager for a consumer products start-up company. After the sale of this company he moved on to commercial real estate where he spent the next 25 years working in property management, office redevelopment, asset management and development of retail and hotel centers.
Since joining B2BCFO Phil’s clients have come from very diverse industries. He currently serves clients in manufacturing, retail, real estate, construction, technology distribution and not-for-profits.
A native of Illinois, Phil and his wife Sue live in the suburbs of Chicago, have two grown boys and are active in their church and other not-for-profit adventures. Phil serves on the elder board of the church. In his spare time, Phil loves to golf, work out and read.
- Western Illinois University-Bachelor
- DePaul University-MBA
Certificates & Licenses:
- Registered Certified Public Accountant-Illinois
- Certified Coach with Integrity Coaching
- Certified Strategic Operating Plan Facilitator
- Certified Business Transition Expert
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- The Paterson Center
Articles by Philip Elworth
- Seek and You Shall Find
- How Important Are Your Goals?
- Is Your World a VUCA World?
- Working Together
- Do You Have Boundaries?
- Execution in Business
- The Secret of Leadership
- Who Do I Really Want On My Team?
- THE FUTURE…?
- Can You See The Future?
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Names B2B CFO® among Nation’s Top 100 Small Businesses
- Growing Your Business
- Has Your Cheese Been Moved?
- Leadership and Management
- Why I Do Exit Planning
- What Any Business Can Learn From the Detroit Bankruptcy
- Marketing 101
- Creating Value In Your Business-An Overview
- The Excel Experience™
- What do I do?
- What Is The Game Plan?
- Creating Value for Your Business Part 2
- Creating Value for Your Business
- Can Your Business Really Be Sold?
- What to Stop and What to Start
- How the New Taxes Affect You
- What Motivates Your Employees?
- What Motivates Your Employees?
- B2B CFO® Teams up with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Think Your Way to Success
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure In Chicago
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#4
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#3
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#2
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure-#1
- Every Church Needs a CFO
- So You Want To Sell Your Business